Our Very Own Talented Artists Bring to our BlogTalkRadio Show Beautiful Music!
Diva Joan Cartwright
- DivaJC is the founder of Women in Jazz South Florida, Inc.
She is a Jazz and Blues singer, composer, author and educator. She has toured five continents and 15 countries.
ColoredPeople.net BlogTalkRadio Show host, Tania-Maria Xavier, is honored to be the first radio show host to debut Joan's song "Making Love To You", recorded in 1981 in Queens New York with her band Jazz Hotline.
We will also feature her song "Love Translation"
The Amazing Musicwomen Ensemble
is available for bookings.
- Lamonte is the creator of the 60's vocal group The Fifth Dimension. Original five members consisted of: Lamonte McLemore, Marilyn McCoo, Billy Davis, Jr., Ron Townson and Florence LaRue. The group won five Grammy Awards with the song "Up, Up and Away", a top 10 hit.
Lamonte has written two songs: “A Love like ours” could never be (Portrait 1970)
“The Singer” (Love's Lines Angles & Rhymes 1971).
He has also been blessed with a 50 year freelance career as a Jet Magazine photographer.
Check out his upcoming interview at our BlogTalkRadio Show on May 22, 2009.
- Chukinho was called up in 1997, to the “Big Leagues” to play alongside his musical heroes in the Original Low Riders, aka the 70's funk group WAR, as part of the driving rhythm section that has become the band’s signature trademark. Since moving to Portland, Chukinho, along with another New Orleans musician, Tom Sandahl, and 5 of Portland’s finest, created the group, Indigo, fusing Brazilian Bossa Nova with Jazz and Funk beautifully.
Chukinho is also a writer and painter. We will feature two of the Band's songs... surprise!
Check out his interview at our BlogTalkRadio Show.
- A singer and songwriter with a wide variety of genres and experiences who has toured for five years with the award-winning six-women a cappella group, Vocolot. Currently she performs with jazz trios, as well as am developing her own original album.
She provides vocal session and/or arrangement work for artists in London, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Most recent projects include a recently-released Jason Becker album, The Sims video game, the Eragon video game, and several independent films.
Her featured songs are:
"Be My Baby" - lyrics and music by Stephen Gernhauser (and Alison Lewis of course on vox)
"These Hands" - lyrics by Linda Hirschhorn, music by Alison Lewis (She is the lead vocalist, and Linda Hirschhorn and Ellen Robinson are on back-ups)
Tonya Broach (Tonyarie)
- Tonya is a phenomenal singer and actress from Cleveland, Ohio. She has just finished playing the lead role of Esther in a wonderful play called "Intimate Apparel" written by Lynn Nottage and is currently working on assembling her own band and starting a production company.
"One" is her featured song.
Ajay Johnson - Ajay is a producer, director, editor, and cameraman. His experience as a music producer shines through with a new *multi artist release on iTunes "Regal Covers Live"
. This is a wonderful CD with various talented artists and we are honored to bring a couple of cuts of this great production to you.
Check out his upcoming interview at our BlogTalkRadio Show on July 2, 2009.
* Artists featured on Regal Covers Live (Vol. 1)
Sponsored By: http://www.DaughterNature.com